Merino wool is a 100% natural fiber grown by Merino sheep. It is a fine and soft natural fibre. Once a year, the sheep gets a haircut (shearing). During the shearing, the wool is cut, in the same way we have a haircut, and collected.
NATURAL PROPERTIES OF MERINO WOOL
- Does not smell when worn for many days in a row
- Will not melt or drip when it burns
- Natural fire resistance (FR). If you take the energy source away (i.e. cigarette lighter), it will stop burning
- Keeps you warm when it is cold outside as well as when it gets wet
- Helps to keep you cool when it is hot outside
- Moves moisture away from the skin better than an artificial fibre
- Natural UV of SPF20+
HOW TO LOOK AFTER MERINO WOOL
- Machine Washable: Simply wash it at up to 40°C with all your other clothes using your usual detergent. Merino is self-cleaning in water and naturally releases dirt and odour even in a cool wash.
- Quick Drying: Lightweight Merino will line dry quickly. Or just leave it on a hanger overnight. If pushed for time, you can tumble dry on a low heat, but do so sparingly and you will prolong your garments life.
Merino wool makes use of natural resources, regrows regularly and does not require any ingredients other than water, fresh air, sun and grass. It is also up to 100% biodegradable and does not require any chemicals.